3 out of the 8 national team awards were won by teams classified in Teleco-Vigo
On June 29, 2023, the online awards ceremony for the national competition of the Olympics took place. The event was organized by the Official College of Telecommunication Technical Engineers (COITT) and the Spanish Association of Graduates and Technical Engineers of Telecommunication (AEGITT), together with the Conference of Directors of Schools with Degrees in the Field of Telecommunication (CODIGAT), which brings together about twenty university schools as sponsors and collaborators.
In this final phase of the Olympics, the teams presented and defended their projects before a panel of university professors. The jury highlighted the creativity and innovation of the projects presented by nearly a thousand registered students.
Among the awarded projects, the participants designed and developed innovative projects such as electric cars that collect data to monitor pollution, an automatic irrigation system that measures temperature, humidity, and rainfall, intelligent control for storm tanks, and affordable teleassistance devices.
The competition was a resounding success, fully achieving its objectives.
Three of the awarded teams in this final phase were from Galicia and had qualified in the local phase hosted by the EET.
- In the category of secondary education teams:
- ‘Most Original Proposal‘ award for the team from CPR Manuel Peleteiro – Santiago de Compostela: Carlota Fontela Cortizo, Laura Souto Bravo. Teacher: Elena Poncela
- ‘Proposal Most Aligned with SDG 11‘ award for the team from IES Primeiro de Marzo – Baiona (Pontevedra): Coral Vázquez Sinde, Juan Martínez Rodríguez, Jaime Domínguez Trapero, Artai Suárez Pérez, Ana Gómez Cima. Teacher: Maria Loureiro
- In the Vocational Training category:
- ‘Most Original Proposal‘ award for the team from CIFP A Farixa – Ourense : Óscar Gallardo Otero, Álex Gómez Carballido, Paola Virginia Pérez Franco, Manuel Rodríguez Otero, Damián Cuquejo Fidalgo. Teacher: Ricardo Ameijeiras
Congratulations to all participants and winners!
The winners in the Eecondary Education category were
- Best Technical Proposal: IES Alqaceres – Cáceres (Daniel García Carretero, Rubén Gutiérrez Barroso, Maram Hadj Cherif. Teacher: Carmen Sánchez-Seco)
- Most Original Proposal: CPR Manuel Peleteiro – Santiago de Compostela (Carlota Fontela Cortizo, Laura Souto Bravo. Teacher: Elena Poncela)
- Proposal Most Aligned with SDG 11: IES Primeiro de Marzo – Baiona, Pontevedra (Coral Vázquez Sinde, Juan Martínez Rodríguez, Jaime Domínguez Trapero, Artai Suárez Pérez, Ana Gómez Cima. Teacher: Maria Loureiro)
- Best Communication and Presentation of Work: IES Valentín Turienzo – Colindres, Cantabria (Maialen Delgado Martín, Íñigo Díez Sarabia, Jon Moisés Reguero García, Diego Lombera Bustillo, Darío Santiuste Andechega. Teacher: Miriam Guerra)
In the Vocational Training category, the winners were:
- Best Technical Proposal:: Comenius Centre Educatiu – Valencia (Héctor Navarro Domínguez, Sergio Martínez Egido, Elias Torregrosa Navarro, Vito Bossio Lamarca, Miguel Aparicio Clemente. Teachers: Ricardo Ortega, Fran Castaño)
- Most Original Proposal: CIFP A Farixa – Ourense (Óscar Gallardo Otero, Álex Gómez Carballido, Paola Virginia Pérez Franco, Manuel Rodríguez Otero, Damián Cuquejo Fidalgo. Docente: Ricardo Ameijeiras)
- Proposal Most Aligned with SDG 11: IES Valle del Jerte – Plasencia, Cáceres (Alejandro López Cárcel, Moisés Muñoz Sánchez, Eduardo Neila Calzado. Teacher: Fréderic Sánchez)
- Best Communication and Presentation of Work: IES Vega de San Mateo – Vega de San Mateo, Las Palmas (Nelson Francisco Vega Cabrera, María Teresa Van Geldorp López. Teacher: Javier Gutiérrez, Daniel Diego)
And in the individual category for high school students:
- Néstor Cordero Sánchez (IES Ramiro de Maetzu – Madrid. Teacher: Silvia Jiménez)
- Sebastián de la Torre Gil-Delgado (Nuestra Señora de la Victoria – Maristas, Málaga. Teacher: Pablo Bayo)
- Domingo Pujante López de Ochoa (IES Miguel de Cervantes – Murcia. Teacher: Mónica Jódar)
You can get them solved:
- In the olympiads website,
- carefully checking the rules of the competition
- or mailing us at email@example.com.