KA107 Universidade de Vigo – Egypt
(Project Number: 2019-1-ES01-KA107-063126).
University of Vigo (UVigo, coordinator)
Beni-Suef University (BSU) and Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (AASTMT)
Target groups and fields of study
This mobility project focuses on the following four target groups: (i) academic staff; (ii) PhD students; (iii) master students; and (iv) undergraduate students.
All teaching and research activities to be developed within this project should be aligned with the ICT (Information and Communication Technology) field. In the case of PhD students, the thematic fields must be close to the following ones:
- Architecture and telematics services.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Data analytics.
- Communication Electronics.
- Data Networks.
- Digital Communications.
- Radio Communications.
- Signal Processing.
Mobilities distribution and grants
This mobility project offers the following available scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022:
UVigo to Egypt
- 1 PhD student from UVigo to BSU/AASTMT (5 months).
- 4 academic staff from UVigo to BSU/ AASTMT (5 days + 2 travel days).
PhD students will receive a monthly payment of 700 € (maximum of 3,500 €); whereas the academic staff will receive 180 €/day (maximum of 1,260 €). In both cases, the coordinating institution (UVigo) will be in charge of buying the flight tickets.
Egypt to UVigo
- 1 PhD student from AASTMT to UVigo (5 months).
- 2 master students from BSU to UVigo (5 months).
- 3 master student from AASTMT to UVigo (5 months).
- 1 undergraduate student from BSU to UVigo (5 months).
- 1 undergraduate student from AASTMT to UVigo (5 months).
- 1 academic staff from BSU to UVigo (5 days + 2 travel days).
- 1 academic staff from AASTMT to UVigo (5 days + 2 travel days).
Each student beneficiary will receive a monthly payment of 850 € (maximum of 4,250 €).; whereas the academic staff will receive 160 €/day (maximum of 1,120 €). In both cases, the coordinating institution (UVigo) will be in charge of buying the flight tickets.
Academic staff should fulfill the following requirements (eligibility criteria):
- Be enrolled, associated or working (fulltime) in one of the aforementioned institutions (UVIGO, AASTMT, BSU) at the time of submitting their application.
- Have a doctoral diploma.
- Those applicants enrolled at UVigo must be advisors at the Doctoral Programme of Information and Communications Technology (DocTIC).
- Those applicants enrolled at BSU must be advisors at the MSc/Doctoral Programme in Computer Science.
- Those applicants enrolled at AASTMT must be advisor at the PhD Programme in Computer Science (CS) / Information Systems (IS)
PhD students should fulfill the following requirements (eligibility criteria):
- Those applicants from the Egyptian HEIs must be enrolled as PhD students at BSU (Doctoral Programme of Computer Science) or at AASTMT (the PhD programme in Computer Science (CS) / Information Systems (IS)).
- Those applicants from the UVIGO must be enrolled as PhD students at the Doctoral Programme of Information and Communications Technology (DocTIC).
Master students should fulfill the following requirement (eligibility criteria):
- Be enrolled as master students at BSU in the master on Computer Science.
Undergraduate students should fulfill the following requirement (eligibility criteria):
- Be enrolled as undergraduate students at BSU in the bachelor on Computer Science or at AASTMT in the Bachelor of Computing and Information Technology.
Application and selection process (UVigo to Jordan)
The applicants (PhD students and academic staff) must follow the KA107 instructions specified by the IRO (International Relations Office) at UVigo. The IRO at UVigo which will be in charge of managing the schedule for application and selection. All the information will be disseminated in advance for all potential applicants.
Application and selection process (Egypt to UVigo)
The applicants must follow the instructions in this web page.
|1 – Application||From 1st June to 21st June, 2021|
|2 – Evaluation and selection of candidates||From 22nd June to 1st July, 2021|
|3 – Publication of the results||2nd July, 2021|
|4 – Acceptance of the grant||From 3rd July to 14th July, 2021|
|5 – Mobility period||From 31st January to 15th July, 2022|
The applicants will be asked to submit, together with the Application Form (annex I), a digital copy of several documents (summary in Table 2). The candidate is responsible for submitting all mandatory documents; otherwise the application will be immediately excluded.
|Undergraduate or Master students||PhD students||Academic Staff|
|Formal identity document/passport||X||X||X|
|Be affiliated as a PhD student or full time working conditions statement (staff) at home institution||X||X||X|
|Obtained degrees (Doctoral Diploma for academic staff Master and/or Bachelor degrees for PhD students, English or Spanish)||X||X||OPT|
|Declaration of honor (annex II)||X||X||—|
|Transcript of records (English or Spanish)||X||X||—|
|Language skills (English or Spanish)||OPT||OPT||OPT|
|Invitation letter from the host institution (annex III)||X||X|
|Brief summary of the foreseen activities at the host institution||X||X||X|
The application form and the required scanned copies should be submitted by email to this address (KA107-EET-Egypt@det.uvigo.es), with the keyword [KA107] at the beginning of the subject of the email.
Evaluation and selection process
The submissions that entail a mobility flow with BSU will be assessed by an international committee composed of 2 academic staff from UVigo and 2 academic staff from BSU. The submissions that entail a mobility flow with AASTMT will be assessed by an international committee composed of two academic staff from UVigo and two academic staff from AASTMT:
All the applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Academic merit (up to 75%): transcript of records, quality and relevance, project proposal, teaching/working experience, etc.
- Others aspects (up to 25%): language skills, etc.
As a result of the assessment process, three lists will be available: (i) selected beneficiaries; (ii) reserve lists, and (iii) no-eligible beneficiaries.
All the selected candidates will send an acceptance document (signed) to the same email address used for submitting the applications (KA107-EET-Egypt@det.uvigo.es, with the keyword [KA107] at the beginning of the subject of the email).
This document has to be received by 14th July, 2021. Those selected candidates who do not send this acceptance document, will be excluded and the reserve list will be used.